ASV recruits native-English speakers to teach in grades Pre-K to 12. ASV's faculty represents a balanced mix of Americans, British and native Spanish professionals dedicated to educational excellence.
The ASV Candidate
The following is a brief list of qualities the successful ASV candidate would possess:
- Professional experience in an accredited institution
- Native English speaker or bilingual
- Understanding of American educational philosophy and curriculum
- Subject knowledge
- A passion for teaching
- While not necessary for employment at ASV, some knowledge of Spanish helps to smooth the transition to Spain
- A sense of adventure
- International Baccalaureate (IB) experience valued but not required
Teachers recruited from outside Spain receive the following benefits/assistance:
- 2 year labor contract - renewable upon mutual agreement
- Roundtrip airfare at beginning and end of term of employment
- Baggage allowance
- Allowance for Visa expenses
- Assistance finding suitable housing
- Assistance with labor visa procurement
- Free schooling for dependents
- Free transport to and from school and free lunch
- High School Social Studies / Special Education
- American School of Valencia is looking for Substitute teachers in Preschool, Elementary and High School for the 2012 and 2013 school year.
ASV accepts resumes on a year-round basis. Candidates interested in one of the above positions are encouraged to apply directly to the school. Please indicate for which position you are applying in your cover letter.
If you do not see a suitable opening but would like to place your resume on file at ASV, you are also encouraged to forward a cover letter and current resume to the school. ASV keeps resumes on file for one year.
Candidates may apply using one of the following methods.
E-mail, as attachments, a copy of your letter of application (required) and resume/CV to: email@example.com
Mail a copy of your letter of application (required) and resume/CV to:
46530 Puçol ( Valencia )